Okay, looks like I’m back at it.
This is a quick look at what I’ve got going and a reminder to myself to get on the ball and finish off some of these projects so that I can start more! Not that the number of WIPs has ever stopped me from casting on a new project.
Tea Cozy Poncho. This was the pattern offered by the yarn shop The Tea Cozy that participated in the Puget Sound LYS Tour last May.
I’m very close to the end. The yarn is a gorgeous merino and silk fingering-weight yarn: Glen+ by Bumblebirch in Eggplant, 600 yards. My only modification has been to eliminate the last row of eyelets because I’m running too close to the end of my ball and I don’t want to lose at yarn chicken.
Pussy Hats. I’ve made 4 and have about 4 more to make. We (my sister and I) will be marching in the Women’s March on Seattle on January 21st. We have a request from some of her friends to make hats, so we will provide as many as we can get off our needles!
Most of the hats I’ve made were out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Tonal, in Fuchsia. I also have some stash yarn, a nice light pink, that is Rowan Cashsoft Baby DK that I doubled. I dyed some bulky as well and knit a hat with that.
My modifications to the original pattern has been to knit them in the round. I cast on 72 stitches and make it about 8.5″ high, joining the top with a 3-needle bind off.
Granny Stripe Blanket. Oh, I love this one. But it’s been sitting in my basket for many months while I’ve been doing other projects. I need to get it finished because I may have ordered more yarn to make Attic24’s next crocheted blanket.
The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK. I ordered this from Deramore’s in the UK. It amazes me how fast their yarn comes as opposed to things I order in the US or (ahem) Canada. Royal Mail is awesome.
My only modification to the pattern is that I am changing the colours on every row rather than every second row. I’ve also been very diligent and have been weaving in my ends as I go along.
Feeling Groovy. These are tube socks and they are boring as heck. So yeah, they’ve been languishing in my basket for too long. One sock is done. The second is about 1/3 done. I’ve got to finish them!
No pattern for these. They are k1/p1 ribbed from the top to the star toe.
So that’s it. I hope by putting this out there, I will have at least one finished by next Wednesday.